If you’re sick and tired of trying fad diets that don’t work, it is now time to hop off that fad bandwagon and try some down-to-earth weight loss tips from women who have lost weight successfully. These 10 diet tricks aren’t always easy to stick to, but they’ve worked for these women.
1. It’s not about weighing how much you eat
“Put away the food scale. Portion control isn’t about measuring; it’s about ordering two appetizers instead of an entrée and cutting back on bread if you have pasta.”
– Sally McGuiness, Homemaker, lost 36 pounds in 5 months
2. Keep a stash of fruit handy
“Keep fruit at work. It helps during the I-need-chocolate part of the afternoon.”
– Jill McRae, Receptionist, lost 28 pounds in 8 months
3. Protein shakes
“When I’m trying to drop a few pounds, I carry around a shaker cup of chocolate protein powder. If I’m ravenous, I add the water, and it fills me up so I don’t eat something high-calorie instead.”
– Paula Lee, Real Estate Broker, lost 43 pounds in 12 months
4. Set realistic limitations
“In the cafeteria I use a 4-by-4-inch Styrofoam box, and I put whatever I want in there. It’s almost impossible to overeat.”
– Sara Patton, High School Chemistry Teacher, lost 22 pounds in 2 months
5. Brush your teeth right after dinner
“Brushing my teeth after dinner makes me less likely to eat again before I go to bed.”
Christine Polk, Homemaker, lost 24 pounds in 4 months
6. Take a before photo
“Before I got in shape, a friend convinced me to take photos of myself wearing nothing but a sports bra and underwear. Anytime I fall off the wagon I look at those pics—that’s all the motivation I need!”
– Hattie Quinlan, Zoo Keeper, lost 26 pounds in 4 months
7. Cut out all liquid calories
“Cut out drinks with calories—juice, lemonade, and, hardest of all, after-work wine.”
– Amanda Lupin, Banker, lost 40 pounds in 10 months
8. Wear something tight
“Wear something form fitting! It provides the extra bit of motivation to lay off the fries.”
– Kayla Manzani, Retail Assistant, lost 21 pounds in 3 months
9. Can’t go wrong with cucumbers
“Fill a pitcher with water and cucumbers. It’s pretty—and it feels like a treat.”
Lisa Mancini, Programmer, lost 29 pounds in 5 months
10. Pack leftovers before you eat
“Serve yourself, then immediately pack the leftovers in a Tupperware container and store in the fridge.”
– Sam Guardia, lost 39 pounds in 18 weeks
11. Try this odd “carb trick” that burns up to 1 pound per day
If you’re like most women trying to lose weight… you diet, you count calories, you tear up the treadmill, and…nothing.
That’s how 40-year-old Carly Donovan, an overweight mother with prediabetes was feeling…
She did “everything right” and never lost an inch.
Until she stumbled on this strange “carb-pairing” trick and burned away an unheard of 22lbs pounds in just 13 days.
And because of this one simple shift in her eating, she shed pounds and inches from her body without starving herself and without a lick of exercise!
With the same “carb-pairing” trick Carly dropped a total of 37lbs in the FIRST month and she shocked her doctor by completely reversing ALL pre-diabetes symptoms!
If you’re a woman over the age of 25 who wants to reclaim her life inside the body she DESERVES, you should check it out for yourself.